Dr.Tony's Super Speciality Eye Institute is an initiative of eminent and renowned ophthalmologists under the leader ship of Dr.Tony S Fernandez, recipient of Padma Shri and BC Roy awards.
It has been established with the intention to provide quality eye care at an affordable price. Our main focus is the treatment and care of patients from all levels with a wide range of eye problems from common complaints to rare conditions which need treatments but not available elsewhere in the state. It has been structured according to International standards and is equipped with the latest technologies available today in the world. It provides eye care through different super specialities with full time consultants.
Our specially designed outpatient department and surgical facilities together with the patient oriented approach and the combined and dedicated support from our other departments make our hospital unique in this field.
Super Speciality Departments
- Vitreo-retinal Surgery
- Squint & Pediatric Ophthalmology
- Oculoplastic Surgery
- Glaucoma Surgery
- Cornea Surgery & Eye Bank
- Cataract Surgery
- General Ophthalmology
- Low vision clinic
- Community Ophthalmology
- Ophthalmic Microbiology
- LASIK & Refractive surgery
- All specialists are recognized authorities in the concerned fields
- In all specialties, fulltime consultants are available from 8 am to 6 pm
- All specialties are equipped with the latest equipments available in the World
- Operation theatres of international standards with sophisticated equipments
- Perform all kinds of surgeries like Corneal Grafting, Retinal Detachment
- Surgery (RD), Ocular Plastic Surgery, Squint, LASIK & Refractive Surgeries, Latest techniques in cataract surgery etc..
- The only iLasik (Femtosecond Blade Free Lasik) Centre in Kerala
- Our hospital is a recognized programme study centre of IGNOU to conduct B.Sc Optometry Course
- There is a well equipped Optical shop with varieties of spectacles of different brands in the hospital
- Both ordinary and deluxe rooms are available in the hospital at a reasonable rate
- We provide Free services for poor patients both Outpatient consultation and surgeries
- A well managed canteen in a good hygienic condition is also available in the hospital
- All the departments including Out patient Consultation room, Refraction room, Diagnostics, Operation Theatre, Day Care, In patients area are occupied in an area of around Fifteen thousand square feet.
- 12 Doctors provide services at the hospital.( 10 Ophthalmologists and 2 Anaesthesiologist)
- The latest diagnostic equipments like Pentacam (ours is the only centre in kerala, which provide this facility), OCT(Ocular coherent tomography), Wavescan (ours is the only centre in kerala, which provide this facility), ORA (Ocular Response Analyser), HFA (Humphry Field Analyser), Topography, Autorefractometer, A Scan, B Scan, Fundus Photography, Slit lamps, Non Contact tonometer, Ophthalmoscopes, indirect ophthalmoscopes, Paediatric vision kits etc. are available at the hospital.
- Modern Treatment equipments like iLASIK, Yag Laser, Green Laser, Diode Laser, Phacho emulsification unit, Accurus machine for Retina and related Surgeries, C3R machine for Keratoconus treatment, Moller Wedal Haag Streit operating microscope, etc. are available at the hospital.
- We also run satellite centres at Kodkara, Perumbavoor and Ernakulum to extend our eye care services.